Insurance Basics for the Individual
Credit Hours: 4
CPE Category: Financial Planning
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Walter G. Austin, Ph.D., CPA
This basic course covers the preparation for personal risk management in order for you to do your financial planning to achieve your goals without fear that it will be all negated with a single occurrence
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Introduce the need for risk management (Unit 1).
- Cover the insurance on the home and your automobiles (Unit 1).
- Present the need for health and disability coverage and the sources available (Unit 2).
- Determine whether you need life insurance and how much (Unit 3).
- Show the types of life insurance policies and the applicability of each to you (Unit 3 and 4).
- Cover the special contracts and clauses of life insurance policies (Unit 4).