Information Security - Network Security for Internal Control Assurance
Credit Hours: 4
CPE Category: Information Technology
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Group/Internet based
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
This webinar will identify the vulnerabilities and define safeguards for computers, networks, networking components, software applications, and mobile devices.
At the end of this webinar series, students will be able to:
- Identify the importance of network security for CPAs and Tax Practitioners.
- Identify what a network is along with the different components that make up a network.
- Identify the different types of network security that contribute to a comprehensive information security protocol.
- Define the term “identify theft” and recognize how identify theft most commonly occurs.
- Recognize why CPAs and Tax Professionals are being targeted by cybercriminals.
- Recognize the importance of encrypting client data.
- Identify the importance of creating internal controls and a security plan to protect client data.