Computer Privacy and Internet Security
Credit Hours: 2
CPE Category: Information Technology
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Group/Internet based
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
This webinar will define the terms malware, computer virus, computer worms, Trojan horse, spyware, adware and describe how they are used to compromise data.
At the end of this webinar series, students will be able to:
- Define the terms malware, computer virus, computer worms, Trojan horse, spyware and adware
- Describe the function and importance of a network firewall and personal firewall
- Defined the function of antivirus and anti-spyware software
- Describe the importance of safe web surfing
- Define the importance of using safe e-mail handling techniques and strategies