Information Security - Safeguards to Protect Client Data
Credit Hours: 1
CPE Category: Information Technology
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Group/Internet based
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
This webinar will define information security, describe the numerous types of threats that exist today and define how `to protect your computer systems and networks to keep client data safe.
At the end of this webinar series, students will be able to:
- Identify the importance of information security for CPAs and Tax Practitioners.
- Define the term “identify theft” and recognize how identify theft most commonly occurs.
- Recognize how CPAs and Tax Professional are being targeted by cybercriminals.
- Recognize the importance of encrypting client data.
- Identify the importance of creating internal controls and a security plan to protect client data.
- Recognize the actions that must be taken in the event of a breach of sensitive client identity data.