PPACA Shared Responsibility Payments and Premium Tax Credits
Credit Hours: 3
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Instructor: Arthur Reed, MBA, CPA, MST
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the Changes to Current Tax Forms and Review IRS Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ
- Define "What is Coverage?"
- Understand Health Coverage Exemptions and Exemption Certificate Numbers and Review IRS Form 8965
- "Defining Gross Income, Modified Adjusted Gross Income and Household Income to Determine Filing Thresholds"
- Understand and Apply Coverage Exemptions and Review IRS Form 8965.
- Know the tax treatment and definition of Shared Responsibility Payments and the Shared Responsibility Payment Worksheet
- Understand the Premium Tax Credit and IRS Publication 5120 and IRS Tax Form 8962.
- Assess the tax treatment of the Advance Payment of The Premium Tax Credit with IRS Form 8962 and IRS Form 1095A.
- Learn the Filing Requirements and Collection Issues associated with PPACA.