Business Ownership Transitions:
Buying, Selling, and Exit Strategies
Credit Hours: 8
Field of Study: 4 Hours Accounting/4 Hours Specialized Knowledge
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Instructor: Garland Granger, MA, CPA, CIA, CFE
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- To gain a good understanding of the reasons why a sale or purchase might fail.
- To understand cultural differences between businesses and how to make different cultures work.
- To examine key information a seller and buyer would be interested in knowing prior to the acquisition.
- To gain a better understanding of due diligence beyond the numbers.
- To determine how to screen out bad companies.
- To examine cash flows as a method of pricing.
- To examine a variety of techniques to value a business.
- To examine how negotiations should take place and the best people for that process within your company.
- Closing the deal and financing.