Implementing Efficient, Effective Internal Controls For Small to Mid-Size Businesses
Credit Hours: 8
Field of Study: Auditing
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Instructor: Garland Granger, MA, CPA, CIA, CFE
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Gain a good understanding of the nature of business risk, how these risks can negatively impact the organization and the basic definition of internal controls and problems this definition has created.
- Discuss Chaos Theory and materiality as a vehicle to distinguish the difference between these concepts in an audit from the development and evaluation of internal controls.
- Learn the role of ethics and integrity and how they affect the effectiveness of any internal control system.
- Examine the 2013 COSO model for evaluating and developing internal controls.
- Apply the concepts from these models in real-world cases.