ANALYZING FINANCIAL INFORMATION TO REDUCE FRAUD, WASTE, AND ABUSE
Credit Hours: 8
Field of Study: Accounting
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Garland Granger, MA, CPA, CIA, CFE
Upon successful completion of this course participant should be able to be complete the following objectives:
- Understand the possible causes of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Understand who commits fraud and why.
- Understand the various types of fraud and determine ways to detect and prevent them.
- Consideration of techniques to obtain the necessary accounting or operational information
- Communicating with clients and/or management about the problems facing them when fraud occurs.
- Working with both internal and external benchmarking to help determine if fraud may have occurred.
- Apply the techniques through the use of several fraud cases