Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Individual Tax Reform
Credit Hours: 3
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act dramatically changed the U.S. Tax Code starting in the 2018 tax year. This course will provide a review of the individual tax reforms section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act bill (H.R.1). This course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in this section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and will identify the provisions that were changed in the Individual Tax Reforms section.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Reduction and Simplification of Individual Income Tax Rates
- Treatment of Business Income for Individuals, Trusts, and Estates
- Simplification and Reform of Family and Individual Tax Credits
- Simplification and Reform of Deductions and Exclusions
- Simplification and Reform of Savings, Pensions, and Retirement
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Elimination of Shared Responsibility Payment for Individuals Failing to Maintain Minimal Essential Coverage