Expatriation: Top Ten International Tax Topics for people renouncing US citizenship or transferred / seconded to foreign affiliates
Credit Hours: 1
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Video
Instructor: Marc Schwartz, CPA
This 1 hour course discusses the specific US rules on expatriating. It also discusses the general rules for US persons transferred to foreign companies, including practical implications of the transfer and the impact on global after-tax cash flow.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Discover how / why the US taxes based on citizenship, not simply residency.
- Explore the impact / burden of worldwide taxation.
- Discover why and how people are expatriating
- Recognize precisely whom the rules impact.
- Discover the deemed taxable transaction upon expatriating and recognize the tax calculation.