Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Business Tax Reform 2020
Credit Hours: 3
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online Video
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act dramatically changed the U.S. Tax Code starting in the 2018 tax year. This course will provide a review of the Business Tax Reforms section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act bill (H.R.1). This course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in this section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and will identify the provisions that were changed in the Business Tax Reforms section
This course will cover the following Objectives:
- Review the Business Tax Reform provisions and identify the provisions that have been changed, the provisions that were not changed, and those that were updated for 2020.
- Identify the modified corporate tax rates for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017.
- Recongnize the new charitable contribution rules that apply to corporations.
- Identify where to find more information about each provision in part 2 of this course.
- Identify the effective date for all provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.