2018 Tax Filing Season Update
Credit Hours: 11
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Apply the inflation-adjusted and other limits to the proper preparation of taxpayers' income tax returns.
- Calculate taxpayers' additional tax liability resulting from the Medicare tax, net investment income tax and individual shared responsibility payment.
- Recognize the federal income tax filing statuses and the criteria for their use.
- Identify the types of income that must be recognized.
- Apply the tax rules to the various credits and adjustments to income available to taxpayers.
- Recognize the penalties that may be imposed on a preparer for failing to meet ethical and practice standards in preparing tax returns
- Identify the duties and restrictions imposed on tax preparers under Circular 230.