EITC Due Diligence
Credit Hours: 3
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics: Technical
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the earned income credit eligibility rules.
- List the common errors committed in connection with claiming the earned income credit.
- Describe the consequences for the taxpayer of the IRS' disallowance of the earned income credit.
- Identify the tax return preparer's earned income credit due diligence requirements
- List the sanctions that may be applied on a tax return preparer and his or her employer for a failure to meet due diligence requirements.