Healthcare Reform: Pre-Existing Conditions, Benefit Limits, Rescission & Patient Protection Rules
Credit Hours: 9
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this advanced course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the rules applicable to grandfathered health plans.
- Describe the effective dates and rules governing the use of pre-existing condition exclusions in group and individual health insurance plans.
- Discuss the annual and lifetime benefit limit rules applicable to essential health benefits under healthcare reform legislation.
- Identify the conditions that would permit an insurer to rescind health insurance coverage and the applicable notice requirements
- Explain the patient protection provisions of healthcare reform.