Healthcare Reform: The Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions
Credit Hours: 8
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- List the principal healthcare provisions of the PPACA.
- Identify the tax credits for which small businesses may be eligible when sponsoring employee health plans.
- Recognize the shared responsibility requirements for applicable employers regarding employee health coverage.
- Compute the tax penalties imposed under the PPACA for an employer's failure to meet the applicable shared responsibility requirements
- Calculate the tax credits and tax penalties designed to help ensure that individuals meet the requirement to maintain minimum essential coverage.