Home Office Deduction
Credit Hours: 3
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Apply the home-office deduction qualification rules.
- Identify the types of home office use to which the exclusive use requirement does not apply.
- Describe the various types of taxpayer expenses that may be used to support a deduction for business use of a home.
- Apply the rules applicable to the simplified method of figuring the home-office deduction.
- Identify the tax forms on which a home-office deduction should be taken
- Recognize the recordkeeping requirements applicable to documents supporting a taxpayer's home-office deduction.