Tax Return Preparer Ethical Issues
Credit Hours: 4
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics: Technical
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, ChFC
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the permitted scope of tax return preparer responsibilities.
- Identify the best practices for tax advisers in preparing or assisting in the preparation of a submission to the Internal Revenue Service.
- List practitioner duties and restrictions with respect to:
- Information to be furnished to the IRS.
- The practice of law.
- Dealing with taxpayer omissions, errors and noncompliance with U.S. revenue laws.
- The requirement for preparer diligence as to accuracy.
- Return of client records.
- The existence of conflicts of interest.
- Solicitation of business.
- List the various sanctions that may be imposed for a preparer's failure to comply with applicable conduct rules.