Creating Effective Charts
Credit Hours: 5
Field of Study: Computer Software and Applications-Non Technical
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Patricia McCarthy, MBA
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between the different chart types and recognize their components so that they can select the appropriate chart type to use for a particular presentation.
- Recognize the different steps involved in creating charts.
- Recognize how to edit existing charts by resizing, changing chart type, moving chart elements and adding/ deleting data series by using contextual tabs menus and short cut keys.
- Recognize how to apply formatting techniques, such as colors and inserting objects such as graphics, to a chart.
- Recognize the default chart type.
- Recognize the steps required to create custom chart types and how to save them as templates to improve efficiency.
- Differentiate between the different methodologies of linking Excel data and using static Excel data into PowerPoint presentations.
- Recognize how fonts, colors, graphics, documentation and printing can impact the professionalism of a PowerPoint presentation.