Adding Financial Planning to Your CPA Practice
Credit Hours: 6
Field of Study: Business Management & Organization – Non-Technical
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Walter G. Austin, Ph.D., CPA
After completing this course you should be able to complete the following:
- Introduce the CPA to the process of financial planning as a segment of their business and the determining of the client's personal and financial goals (Unit One).
- Examine the various kinds of risks associated with investing (Unit Two).
- Identify details of the data-gathering portion of the engagement (Unit Three).
- Determine recommendations for the client (Unit Four).
- Examine the different kinds of life insurance available and the guidelines as to which may be appropriate for the client (Unit Five).
- Discuss the investment choices for the client and the time frame involved (Unit Six).