Federal Income Tax Changes - 2018
Credit Hours: 6
Field of Study: Taxes
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: Online PDF
Instructor: Paul Winn, CLU, CHFC
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- List the 2018 changes in various amounts including standard mileage rates, standard deduction, AMT exemption, limits related to income from U.S. Savings Bonds and Deductions for qualified long-term care insurance premiums.
- Identify the 2018 tax credit changes affecting the saver's credit, earned income credit and adoption credit.
- List the changes effective for 2018 brought about by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act with respect to the Individual penalties, small employer premium tax credit and applicable large employer mandate.
- Recognize the 2018 changes affecting Health Savings Account (HSA) and Archer Medical Savings Accounts (MSA) requirements, Roth IRA eligibility and Traditional IRA contribution deductibility.
- Identify the principal provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 affecting tax preparers and planners.