Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - Business Tax Reform for 2019
Credit Hours: 13
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2018 was a significant change to the US tax code. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is organized into four primary sections of: Individual Tax Reform, Business Tax Reform, Exempt Organizations and International provisions. This is an updated course for 2019 that will provide a thorough review of the Business Tax Reform portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Bill (H.R.1.) and it also includes the provisions that have changed for 2019. Part 1 of this course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in the Business Tax Reform section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It will identify which sections changed for 2018 and which were updated for 2019. Each provision will reference a more detailed description of the provision in Part 2 of this course. The detailed description will review the pre-2018 law, provide a detailed description of the changes for 2018 and identify the effective date that the provision became effective.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Review the Business Tax Reform provisions and identify the provisions that have been changed, the provisions that were not changed, and those that were updated for 2019
- Identify the modified corporate tax rates for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017
- Recognize the new charitable contribution rules that apply to corporations
- Identify where to find more information about each provision in part 2 of this course
- Identify the effective date for all individual tax provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act