Ethics for Accountants: Ohio Professional Standards and Responsibilities
Credit Hours: 3
Category: Ethics/Regulatory Ethics
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Beacon Hill Financial Educators
This Beacon Hill Financial Educators course meets the 3-hour professional standards and responsibility CPE requirement for the state of Ohio. It covers current ethical issues in the accounting profession, the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct Principles, and the Accountancy Board of Ohio Professional Standards and Responsibilities. Board rules that were amended in 2019 are covered. Case studies and examples are also included.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Define ethics in the context of being ethical versus acting ethically.
- Identify the types of accounting services in which the fiduciary standard applies.
- Recognize the circumstances under which conflicts of interest can arise when a variety of accounting services are offered by a CPA or firm.
- Differentiate between rules-based, principles-based, and objectives-oriented accounting.
- Interpret recent ethical inquires received by the AICPA.
- Recognize the primary components that serve as the foundation of the AICPA ethical standards.
- Differentiate between the AICPA Principles of the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Recognize the key Ohio Accounting Board laws.
- Recognize the key Ohio Accounting Board rules.