Governmental Auditing Standards
Credit Hours: 12
Program Prerequisites: Basic understanding of the auditing process.
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
This course will describe when the Yellow Book standards must be applied, the types of auditors and audit organizations that may employ GAGAS to conduct their work, describe what must be included and what must be excluded from an audit report.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Identify the types of auditors and audit organizations that may employ GAGAS to conduct their work.
- Identify the categories of requirements that GAGAS uses to describe the degree of responsibility imposed on auditors and audit organizations.
- Identify the ethical principles that guide the work of auditors who conduct engagements in accordance with GAGAS.
- Identify the individuals that have a role on an audit engagement.
- Recognize the methods for selecting individuals of integrity who have the capacity to develop the competence and capabilities necessary to perform the audit organization’s work competently.
- Identify the requirements for auditor communication.
- Identify the three levels of service as identified by the AICPA.
- Identify the general planning requirements for an audit that must comply with all of the applicable requirements for a review of financial statements conducted in accordance with GAGAS.
- Describe what must be included and what must be excluded from an audit report.