Filing Requirements for the 2020 Tax Season
Credit Hours: 2
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Andrew Clark, EA.
Due to the inclusion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, filing requirements for individual taxpayers have been drastically altered. This course will focus on the updated filing requirements surrounding individual taxpayers across all filing types.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Recognize the new standard deduction amounts across all filing statuses
- Identify the requirements that must be met to file as any of the five filing statuses
- Identify the new standard deduction and additional standard deduction amounts
- Recognize the circumstances that will disallow taxpayers from taking the standard deduction
- Identify when a taxpayer is required to file their federal income tax return
- Recognize the various penalties associated with filing a return or paying taxes late
- Identify the tax responsibilities and treatment of income associated with a recently deceased taxpayer.