Auditing Evaluation and Internal Controls
Credit Hours: 3
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Chris Clark
This course will describe the importance of internal controls and the purpose of audit committee, review the goals for internal controls and discuss the internal control framework used by most companies based in the United States, describe the interrelated components for an effective internal control system, discuss the importance of identifying audit risk and discuss the difference between control deficiency, significant deficiency and material weakness.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of internal controls.
- Identify the purpose of an audit committee.
- Recognize the goals for internal controls.
- Recognize the internal control framework used by most companies based in the United States.
- Identify the interrelated components for an effective internal control system.
- Recognize the purpose of identifying audit risk.
- Recognize the difference between control deficiency, significant difiency and material weakness.