Credit Hours: 2
Requires Prerequisites or Advanced Preparation: No
Delivery Method: PDF
Instructor: Chris Clark
This course examines all the types of fraud considered by auditors when auditing financial statements.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the three types of fraud.
- Identify the SAS that provides guidance to auditors in assessing the risk of fraud
- Recognize the three elements identified by the AICPA to prevent, deter, and detect fraud.
- Recognize who is responsible for identifying and measuring fraud risks and taking steps to mitigate identified risks.
- Identify the procedures to address the risk of management overriding internal controls that are otherwise operating effectively.
- Recognize the characteristics of different types of fraud.